Sunday, August 1, 2010

Hot Summer Days

Well I always say how disappointed I am in myself for not making this a priority but this month it truly has gotten away from me!!  In the last six weeks I have been officialy admitted into the fall nursing class, which means I will be going to school full time doing clinicals.  I am super excited about this next step in my life, while I know I will be super busy and it will be super hard with T gone it will be worth it in the end!! L will be going to preschool full time so that he will have somewhere to be while I am in school and will also give me a little bit of free time for studying!!  He starts school next week and we are both excited about it because he is going to be at a great school!

As June came to an end so did my summer school, YAY!!!  Since I was no longer held down by school July has brought lots of fun activities and traveling.  We spent the fourth holiday back home with family and friends and then stayed an extra week to be able to celebrate the wedding of Jamie and Joe.  It was nice to be able to have a little bit longer then normal trip!  We also got to squeeze in a trip to the zoo with Aunt B and the boys to see the new dinosaur exhibit which is L's new thing so he LOVED it!!!  The trip was great but we were glad to get back to our little house!!

We have had a record setting month of high temperatures this month!! So we have spent alot of time in the little pool in our yard and also at the pools around town.  L has truly become a fish and will be swimming before I know it!! He was still too young to do lessons without me so as soon as he hits 3 he will be starting lessons at the indoor pool!! He will for sure be swimming without any assistance by the time daddy gets home and summer comes!

Speaking of daddy, T is doing good.  He celebrated his birthday this month which we tried to pack as much fun stuff into his care package as possible to make his day special!  He is waiting patiently for promotion orders which should come any day just waiting on the points to work out!  We miss him so much but are so proud of everything he is doing!!

This weekend with some help from great friends we built L a new swingset/fort.  The one that we had was left here by the previous owners and had surely seen better days!! So for the safety of our sweet child we decided that it was time to get a new one!!  I was hesitant to try such a big project without T here but luckily I have the best friends in the world that gave up their Sunday to help out!!  The work sure was worth it when L saw it, he was already spent hours on it and its still the first day!!  I see lots of hours on it in the future, here is just hoping that we can get a little bit cooler weather so its more enjoyable!!



No comments:

Post a Comment